CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

3 posters

help with replacing the brake pad

haybunch
    haybunch
    Rossi
    Rossi

help with replacing the brake pad Empty help with replacing the brake pad

Post by haybunch Mon 21 Jan 2019, 11:56 am

i managed to installe newnew p in but the retaining pin wont go all the way in so the hole for the r pin wont come out, am i suppose to hammer the pin in cause thats what ive been doing but still wont go in
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

help with replacing the brake pad Empty Re: help with replacing the brake pad

Post by sullivj Mon 21 Jan 2019, 7:49 pm

Mine normally needs a tap with a flat punch to get it properly seated
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Jameshambleton Mon 21 Jan 2019, 8:35 pm

^ :dito:
    haybunch
    haybunch
    Rossi
    Rossi

Post by haybunch Mon 21 Jan 2019, 8:52 pm

does it have to be a proper punch? ive been trying to use a nail, a fat screw, and a wrench handle as punches and the thing could still be pulled out with my finger :s and i wasnt being gentle as well. would it help if i take the caliper off?

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2019, 11:21 pm

Daft question, have you compared the length of the replacement pin with the old one to make sure it's the same? Something is not right because it doesn't need that much force, I've used a pattress screw as a drift in the past.
    haybunch
    haybunch
    Rossi
    Rossi

Post by haybunch Tue 22 Jan 2019, 9:40 am

yes i even tried using the old one and it wouldnt go in too
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Jameshambleton Tue 22 Jan 2019, 9:42 am

big hammer, 5mm hex socket, void hitting hand in process!
    haybunch
    haybunch
    Rossi
    Rossi

Post by haybunch Tue 22 Jan 2019, 12:32 pm

gonna try and ddouse it with penetreating fluid and see how it goes
    haybunch
    haybunch
    Rossi
    Rossi

Post by haybunch Tue 22 Jan 2019, 3:28 pm

after about an hour of banging it in it still didnt go in, but banging the new pin mustve made the hole larger and i tried inserting the old pin again and it went in without effort... i guess i'll stivk to the old one
    haybunch
    haybunch
    Rossi
    Rossi

Post by haybunch Fri 25 Jan 2019, 4:53 pm

once i knew how to do it the rear pair was a quick job. only skipped on cleaning the pistons.
    reference for future me;
    c clamp caliper to wheel spoke to push the piston, wemoto's retaining pin does not fit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 3:32 am