CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+7
burning_rubber
alvamiga
sullivj
Stooby2
badseeds
jerryfudd
Llewelyn1965
11 posters

Meet Up 12th July - Beaulieu

jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Meet Up 12th July - Beaulieu - Page 3 Empty Re: Meet Up 12th July - Beaulieu

Post by jerryfudd Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:43 pm

that'll look fab....... catching up in my mirrors Wink
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:51 pm

First time for everything I suppose!
    ashcroc
    ashcroc
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc Thu 09 Jul 2015, 7:53 pm

Got next weeks shifts & I'm working this weekend so won't be able to make it.
    Hope the rest of you have a fun day.
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Thu 09 Jul 2015, 8:35 pm

That's a shame. Thanks for letting us know.
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd Thu 09 Jul 2015, 8:41 pm

yes indeed!
    alvamiga
    alvamiga
    Godzilla
    Godzilla

Post by alvamiga Thu 09 Jul 2015, 11:20 pm

Due to circumstances out of my control, the clutch cable went on the Bandit I borrowed and the owner took it away to fix it. She's now taken against the world for her own personal reasons, so I'm not expecting to see that again any time soon.

A friend is coming Saturday to help me fit my new chain and sprocket set, so it's all down to that now. Hopefully all will be sorted and I'll get there okay...
    freeride
    freeride
    Laser Shark
    Laser Shark

Post by freeride Fri 10 Jul 2015, 7:49 pm

Afraid I'll be a no show on Sunday.All caused by a lady in Bedford who didn't return monitoring equipment to Addenbrookes Hospital on Wednesday so I now have to spend tomorrow at the hospital. I was staying overnight in Chandlers Ford on Saturday night  to break the journey and the only alternative is to travel down and back on Sunday-toooooo far I'm afraid.
    I also wanted to collect and install the new thermo switch in the rad tomorrow before I left in the afternoon but that's out of the window now.
    See you some other time.
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Fri 10 Jul 2015, 8:39 pm

Thanks for letting us know chaps.

So now we have more 'off forum', than on!

Burning Rubber - I see you're meeting us there. Of the other guys that are coming, are you meeting us at the hotel, or at Beauleau?

sullivj
    jerryfudd
    teamster1975 (maybe)
    stooby2 (not on CB)
    burning_rubber

And 'off forum':

Mick
    Alan
    Claire
    Steve 
    Rob
    Mark
    burning_rubber
    burning_rubber
    Four's a...something...
    Four's a...something...

Post by burning_rubber Sat 11 Jul 2015, 8:36 am

ill meet you at the hotel at 8:15, changing sprockets today so should all set  Very Happy
    my only problem is the ticket ill have to pick up one on the day  

see you all tomorrow
    alvamiga
    alvamiga
    Godzilla
    Godzilla

Post by alvamiga Sat 11 Jul 2015, 1:28 pm

Sprocket issue has been located. The sprocket bearing has suffered a failure, which caused the sprocket to wobble and fail in the way it did. As parts are not going to be forthcoming in time, my bike is sat on its centre stand and front wheel, unable to move for a number of days.

Did we have an ETA to arrive at Beaulieu? I may still try to attend if I can get up early enough and work out transport, but it's becoming increasingly hard to get there. Sad
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Sat 11 Jul 2015, 3:46 pm

Just arrived at the hotel and enjoying a cold beer. Going to have a Harvester breakfast (next to the hotel - 8am), and then leave here about 9am. Likely to arrive in Beauleau about 10am.
    burning_rubber
    burning_rubber
    Four's a...something...
    Four's a...something...

Post by burning_rubber Sat 11 Jul 2015, 10:02 pm

sprockets fitted so am sorted !!!!!  ill see you at the hotel in the morning
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:04 am

Excellent. Well done.

See you soon. You can't miss us. 7 biker boys and one girl.
    ashcroc
    ashcroc
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc Sun 12 Jul 2015, 6:03 am

Have a fun day y'all.

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jul 2015, 1:49 pm

Sorry I've missed it chaps, my wife has been poorly with her ileostomy, got a blockage.
    Hope the day is brilliant and look forward to seeing photos!
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:06 pm

Many thanks to Matt (Burning a Rubber), for making the effort to join us, and also leading us from the hotel to Beauleau.

With Tango, the CB500 count was just two.

Meet Up 12th July - Beaulieu - Page 3 Image_zpspybsbjqo

We had a damp ride down to Beauleau, a damp wander round, and a damp ride home!

It was still a good time though.

Meet Up 12th July - Beaulieu - Page 3 Image_zpsjioksnhh

There were 3 other CBs at the meet. I left a note on this one, directing him towards the forum.

Meet Up 12th July - Beaulieu - Page 3 Image_zps2weh573w

Once we'd left Matt, the rest of us stopped at Bury Hill for a quick coffee.

Meet Up 12th July - Beaulieu - Page 3 Image_zps5daakrz0
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:16 pm

yes, always good to meet people off the forum and I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities in the future to meet those that couldn't make it.

I was on the triple as I didn't want to get my CB wet Embarassed

hope your wife gets better soon teamster!
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:41 pm

jerryfudd wrote:
    hope your wife gets better soon teamster!

Ditto.
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Sun 12 Jul 2015, 9:18 pm

Meet Up 12th July - Beaulieu - Page 3 Image_zpsaagfde7e

And here's our motley crew!
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd Sun 12 Jul 2015, 9:27 pm

....well bar Matt aka burning_rubber as it was done on the way back home
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Sun 12 Jul 2015, 9:28 pm

jerryfudd wrote:....well bar Matt aka burning_rubber as it was done on the way back home

As explained previously Wink
    burning_rubber
    burning_rubber
    Four's a...something...
    Four's a...something...

Post by burning_rubber Sun 12 Jul 2015, 10:01 pm

the photos are here to buy, if anyone wants them
    Llewelyn1965
    Llewelyn1965
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 11:11 pm

Hey guys, I'm glad you had a good time despite the weather. I would have loved to be there but as some of you are aware, I was on a charity rideout for 'Hands for Alan'.

https://www.facebook.com/events/675410219231189/

It was an awesome rideout. My first big one. We left our start point at about 11am after a minutes silence and then 30 seconds of engine revving in memory of a local biker that died in his sleep last week. the weather brightened up within a minute of us leaving the start point (M&P Kawasaki/Harley Davidson/accessories shop), so we had cloudy but dry weather for the whole ride. There must have been about 200 bikes all told. Some good blockers and controllers, so it ran smoothly. Whenever we came out of a twist onto a long straight, all I could see was bikes as far as I could see and in my mirrors...the same!! Only one incident. As I came around a roundabout, one of the bikes was laying on it's side with both rider and pillion still in their riding positions on it, so it had happened only a second or 2 before I got there. They were quickly surrounded by bikes to provide a safety zone around them of which I was one. Fortunately both people got up unhurt apart from pride and a few quid's worth of cosmetics. I think the rider was taking the roundabout too fast and drifted out to the kerb, had to lean over further than he should have to miss the kerb and that was just the lean too far and 'fell' over. I took a couple of pics on my phone whilst we were waiting for everyone to turn up, so not all of the bikes had arrived at that time, but I will try and work out how to post them on here. There were a good mix of sports/adventure/tourer/trike/learner/cruiser bikes there. There was a Suzuki with Spiderman vinyl graphics and the rider in a Spiderman race leather set. A motorbike/sidecar combo where the sidecar was a bath and some good looking customs. There were lots of photos and videos taken, so maybe they will get posted on the Facebook site I posted the link to.

I think it was Sulli who donated on the Facebook site for this event. Thank you mate. The cost to join the rideout was a fiver, but lots of people were just chucking in £10/£20. There was also a raffle (which I didn't win anything!!! lol)to help raise some more funds.

Awesome day for me. Well worth the £20 I paid just for joining the ride, but even more worthwhile for the cause!!!!!

Like I said, I would Have liked to have joined you guys at Beaulieu, but I think I had the better day!! :-)

On the back of that, is anyone going to motorcycle live at the NEC in Birmingham at the end of November?
    Gonzumzum
    Gonzumzum
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Gonzumzum Mon 13 Jul 2015, 2:53 pm

Anymore info on that funky black touring Cb 500??
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd Mon 13 Jul 2015, 3:16 pm

Gonzumzum wrote:Anymore info on that funky black touring Cb 500??

the one with the red engine casing protectors?

this was one of the other CB's at the show not sure of the owner - anyone here?

Meet Up 12th July - Beaulieu - Page 3 IMG_8627_zps4xbb6rwf

also a couple of pics from the top gear bit there

Meet Up 12th July - Beaulieu - Page 3 IMG_8604_zpstlnjrux8

Meet Up 12th July - Beaulieu - Page 3 IMG_8606_zpsqcwytlew

Meet Up 12th July - Beaulieu - Page 3 IMG_8608_zps8cnusvo4

also saw Del of delboys garage latest project there dubbed 'the general' so got a pic of that too - if you haven't seen his youtube go have a look here

Meet Up 12th July - Beaulieu - Page 3 IMG_8626_zpsegbmuyyi

any pictures from the event Llewelyn?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 2:10 pm