CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

RST tractech evo waterproof boots

Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

RST tractech evo waterproof boots Empty RST tractech evo waterproof boots

Post by Jameshambleton Sat 20 May 2017, 10:30 am

Well the time has come to replace my RST boots. 
    After having them a year and a half the time has come to replace them as they've just started slightly leaking on the toes, they've lasted me between 19k and 21k miles in all weathers including minus temps when even the coolant temp needle didn't even move for 24 miles. 

I've thoroughly tested them, and by that I mean I've had the bike attempt to crush my ankle on more than 2 occasions... 3 funnily enough Laughing while I've been sliding down the road. With no damage to my feet, ankles or my shin to report. 

These have kept my feet dry in all weathers, including walking through streams. I wear these boots typically 6 days a week and usually for about 6-8 hours a day with no problems, not even hot feet. They kept my feet warm in minus temps and in the summer they're kept lovely and cool.

I have walked a lot of miles in these, too many to recall, including the muddy slopes of Overmount and pushing my cb400 for miles along the hard shoulder... or even pushing a vfr750 across Hull. I don't even have a pair of shoes, I just wear these even when I'm in the garden and if that doesn't imply they're comfortable I don't know what does. 

Would I recommend these boots,yes, would I get another pair well I'm going to the shop today for some. 
    My only complaint is that the toe sliders wear away quite quickly with them been aluminum but I'm sure this won't be a problem for many people and you can't get titanium ones sadly but at £10 a pair replacements I can't complain. When I bought mine they were £130 but now they're £150 but I suppose that's inflation and other economical factors.

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 1:06 am