CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Leccy problem.

gillers50
    gillers50
    Squiddy
    Squiddy

Leccy problem. Empty Leccy problem.

Post by gillers50 Sat 08 Aug 2020, 12:03 pm

Hi all, CB5 is fine BUT looking for some electrical advice for my daily ride a cbf 250.  I know it is not cb5 related but thought some of your electrical genious's on here could point me in the right direction. 

The bike fell over with the headlamp bits bashing a concrete flag stone, not much physical damage to see- indicator replaced, headlight bracket straightened etc and all seemed fine.  It now has a parasitic drain on the battery. Wired in the meter and traced the problem to the headlamp area (pulled the 5 amp fuse) and drain disappeared.  Replaced fuse and disconnected the 6 pin connector to the instruments and the drain disappeared again so I assume a problem in there.  I left the meter connected for about 5 secs and it showed the drain which started pulsing??? and the rev counter and speedo needle twitched in time with it.  

Is the instrument cluster busted?  I took everything to bits on the cluster and everything looked ok but no idea about the circuits etc.  If it is busted, anyone any idea where I could source another second hand one - new ones are ridiculously priced - half the cost I paid for the whole bike. Sorry the query is not for the cb5 but this forum has been helpful to me for the past 3 years so hopefully someone will come to my rescue.   Peter.

cheesepiece1 likes this post

Current date/time is Wed 16 Oct 2024, 9:58 pm