CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

5 posters

kingers
    kingers
    Squiddy
    Squiddy

New member Empty New member

Post by kingers Sun 03 Jan 2016, 1:12 pm

Hi to all on forum.looking to get my hands on a used cb500,coming up to 67 years and wanting a nippy reliable bike.sold a St 1100 last year as was heavy moving in and out garage.Up to £1000 to spend and not too far away,based in Merseyside.do my own fettling.doesn't have to be mint but tidy.watching ebayuk and gumtree.if anyone interested I have a tidy cb 250 rsa to sell.mot and tidy bike . Will put on gumtree soon.not asking a lot.May even keep it to play with.cheers.Ian.
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

New member Empty Re: New member

Post by jerryfudd Sun 03 Jan 2016, 1:18 pm

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, my father in law just recently got back into biking with his CB500 and loves it.

Whereabouts are you from?

Dan
    kingers
    kingers
    Squiddy
    Squiddy

New member Empty location.

Post by kingers Sun 03 Jan 2016, 1:39 pm

Dan.I live in St Helens.Merseyside.used to be Lancashire.
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Sun 03 Jan 2016, 2:23 pm

Welcome to the Club.

I hope you find a good one soon. There's quite a few around - it's just a case of finding one you like.

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jan 2016, 3:20 pm

Welcome mate, you should get a nice tidy bike for that budget!
    wornsprokets
    wornsprokets
    the 900
    the 900

Post by wornsprokets Sun 03 Jan 2016, 4:50 pm

Welcome to forum, the cb wil be great, it potter around and it can be a demon when u want it to be, and simple bike to work on,  there a 94 one up on flebay at mo with an after market fairing for 400pounds
    kingers
    kingers
    Squiddy
    Squiddy

New member Empty fleabay

Post by kingers Sun 03 Jan 2016, 5:35 pm

Noticed it earlier.seems tidy.been off road couple of years but low miles.worth a punt.ta.
    wornsprokets
    wornsprokets
    the 900
    the 900

Post by wornsprokets Sun 03 Jan 2016, 7:14 pm

The early ones were built in japan, like that one, 96 on were assembled in italy(should have plate  at serial number)  and have brembo brakes,  that one looks ok, and after market fairing doesnt look too bad  . Engines are up for huge mileage 100k no probs, just weak radiators really that fail leak. The cbf from 03 to 08 have same engine. Bit more modern But havent handy cubby hole under the seat.i probabbly get one of them when my old cb dies but by then cbf be old  too  Very Happy
    kingers
    kingers
    Squiddy
    Squiddy

New member Empty good advice

Post by kingers Sun 03 Jan 2016, 8:50 pm

I have never ridden one.however a neighbour of mine has a 07 plate cb 500f with ABS and low miles.asking 1800.its nice but like the older ones.
    stormbringer
    stormbringer
    the 900
    the 900

Post by stormbringer Mon 04 Jan 2016, 7:05 am

kingers wrote:...a 07 plate cb 500f with ABS and low miles.asking 1800.its nice but like the older ones.
    And welcome on here from Denmark - I hope you will find it a nice and friendly place, helpful in your daily work with the CB which is a simple, reliable and reasonably nippy bike. There's a reason this link exists Wink

Actually, I'd prefer the old CB500 over the CBF - partly because it's a little simpler, partly because it's a little more practical. Really. You're going to love the quite spacious underseat luggage compartment; I've lost count of the number of times this has saved me from having to mount a topbox or bring a rucksack. Makes for a better and more free ride, allowing me to enjoy the lack of distractions this bike utterly fails to deliver. No blinkenlights whatsoever!

Cool, right?
    wornsprokets
    wornsprokets
    the 900
    the 900

Post by wornsprokets Mon 04 Jan 2016, 10:17 am

Yes i also think old cb is a better bike. I ment years down road when my cb dies, i buy 03 to 07 cbf so i stil have same engine in a different bike Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 10:03 am