CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+66
Minty
skyrider
Flyingbrick
Jameshambleton
shropshirewildman
Llewelyn1965
Stooby2
Rick448
dado_dassler
Alvi
Ayrton F
peatrich
jerryfudd
stevew
Wildwards
Tricky.
GlenAnderson
cbeebies
jchesshyre
ashcroc
Dext37
ceejay
chromedome
Celt500
glen.wilson1@gmx.com
eternally_troubled
trevor machine
muttley1
stormbringer
Beresford
jonny10
arrison
Wonkey
badseeds
sullivj
UKTyler
arbgarry
The_Wasp
trickie
shakyman
Vexx
norfolkngood
Adrianomah
trochers
mcalvert39
kev44
jimbobs63
ANDYC
geekytree
Basil Moss
rwhitton
wishnik
Crash- Elmit
cb1300rider
al-91
seakins
Mac 1
TimReal
steeeve66
cc1085
Gonzumzum
geewhizz
greyhoundbloke
si.p
JoshSingleton
HomeBrew
70 posters

What did you do with your CB500 today?

steeeve66
    steeeve66
    the 800
    the 800

What did you do with your CB500 today? Empty What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by steeeve66 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 11:46 am

Couldn't find a thread like this on here - so i've started one...

Today I mostly did a 'rebuild' of the master cylinder (which has had a hard time of it this winter..). Have learnt once again the folly of using pattern parts..

What did you do with your CB500 today? Empty Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 5:17 pm

Not a lot today apart from lube the chain and ride it Wink
    It's in desparate need of a clean though after the lovely weather we've had recently!
    HomeBrew
    HomeBrew
    the 900
    the 900

What did you do with your CB500 today? Empty Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by HomeBrew Fri 24 Jan 2014, 5:40 pm

Got a new rear BT45 fitted. It has been hell trying to find a stockist- most places are out and apparently there are none left in the country! Plus I cleaned the back brake. Bike is handling much better, though it is absolutely filthy- if it is cleaned it just gets filthy again straight away so I have given up.
    cc1085
    cc1085
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by cc1085 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 6:52 pm

Today I mostly be cutting the frame and choppin' off any excess.
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Fri 24 Jan 2014, 8:24 pm

I ordered a pair of Michelin Pilot Activs and commuted to & from work. A very uneventful 18 miles. It never wants for anything, so undemanding.
    steeeve66
    steeeve66
    the 800
    the 800

Post by steeeve66 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:57 am

Undemanding for sure - but I've been placing a lot of demands on mine these last few weeks - not least biking down to Devon in the storm just before Christmas, so this weekend will be spent offering up some tlc for it..
    UKTyler
    UKTyler
    Three's a Charm
    Three's a Charm

Post by UKTyler Sat 25 Jan 2014, 2:45 pm

I popped out to pick something up from the local shops.

I came back 120 miles later.

What can I say, it was a nice day out there Laughing
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Sat 25 Jan 2014, 3:33 pm

Ha ha! I did 110 miles today and yes, it wasn't bad out. I stopped at David Silver's for a couple of bits too.
    muttley1
    the 900
    the 900

Post by muttley1 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 4:10 pm

Autosol'd the forks yesterday to get some light pitting out. Time for a road test today so 50 miles of bendy roads and nice to get the bike off vertical for once. Rain had washed the salt away so quite grippy if a bit blustery. Summer is on its way...

m1
    stormbringer
    stormbringer
    the 900
    the 900

What did you do with your CB500 today? Empty CCT

Post by stormbringer Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:49 pm

Made me a 'key' for the CCT as described in the Haynes manual, and removed the CCT using it.
    Never having done this, I didn't know what to expect. But it turned out to be Honda all over again; that 'Of course...' experience.
    Having figured out how the CCT works, I have a hard time thinking how else to keep cam chains adjusted correctly.

Yes. I was inspired by this thread...

Last edited by stormbringer on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link)
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:29 pm

stormbringer.....But it turned out to be Honda all over again; that 'Of course...' experience

Ha ha! Yeah, I've had that a lot when pulling apart Hondas.
    steeeve66
    steeeve66
    the 800
    the 800

Post by steeeve66 Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:29 am

badseeds wrote:stormbringer.....But it turned out to be Honda all over again; that 'Of course...' experience

Ha ha! Yeah, I've had that a lot when pulling apart Hondas.

Yes, but not always when trying to put them back together...
    JoshSingleton
    JoshSingleton
    Hyper Viper
    Hyper Viper

Post by JoshSingleton Sun 26 Jan 2014, 8:06 am

Well mine has been picked up by the mechanic to get the tapping noise looked at before I get out on the road on it because I'd like it to be ready for when I pass my test. I know a lot of people on here have suggested the cam chain tensioner but he's had a listen and seem to thing it's the tappets. When he's had time to took properly and know for certain, the work will begin Smile
    cc1085
    cc1085
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by cc1085 Sun 26 Jan 2014, 9:03 am

Tappetts?
    JoshSingleton
    JoshSingleton
    Hyper Viper
    Hyper Viper

Post by JoshSingleton Sun 26 Jan 2014, 9:06 am

cc1085 wrote:Tappetts?

Yeh that's what I got told, not very mechanically minded but the mechanic is a friend so I know he's not ripping me off. He's not had a proper look yet just a listen

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2014, 9:22 am

JoshSingleton wrote:

Yeh that's what I got told, not very mechanically minded but the mechanic is a friend so I know he's not ripping me off. He's not had a proper look yet just a listen

He means the valve clearances Smile
    He'll have to remove the CCT to do them so if it is sticking he'll hopefully spot it! Smile 
    JoshSingleton
    JoshSingleton
    Hyper Viper
    Hyper Viper

Post by JoshSingleton Sun 26 Jan 2014, 5:35 pm

teamster1975 wrote:

JoshSingleton wrote:

He means the valve clearances Smile
    He'll have to remove the CCT to do them so if it is sticking he'll hopefully spot it! Smile 
    Ahhh thanks for clearing that up, I understand now Smile
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Mon 27 Jan 2014, 12:52 pm

Back on topic (kinda), on Saturday I took my wife to buy a fairly new YBR125 which, so far, seems to be going well.

It is certainly going better than the 1993 SR125 that I have been attempting to fix... she decided that she didn't want to wait for me to fix it, so she bought a 'new' one!
    si.p
    si.p
    Rossi
    Rossi

Post by si.p Mon 27 Jan 2014, 6:46 pm

Washed it quickly to see the extent of the project I have taken on with no money to do the repairs oops  Crying or Very sad
    muttley1
    the 900
    the 900

Post by muttley1 Thu 30 Jan 2014, 12:40 pm

Today I'm looking through a big box of parts I've bought to see where to start with my cb5 makeover. Theres a tank, rear plastics, cables, bars wiring, hangers,,,,,
    and if Phil ever looks on this forum, thanks again!

muttley1
    steeeve66
    steeeve66
    the 800
    the 800

Post by steeeve66 Thu 30 Jan 2014, 10:58 pm

Put some natty little plastic sleeves on the brake and clutch lever to help stop the cold getting through my gloves. Not sure they made a great deal of difference to be honest...
    greyhoundbloke
    greyhoundbloke
    Scratcher!
    Scratcher!

What did you do with your CB500 today? Empty Replacement sump

Post by greyhoundbloke Sun 02 Feb 2014, 12:23 pm

Having planned a day trip last week; it was spoiled by my sump being ruptured by road debris. Lucky to stay upright; thanks e-bay for tenner sump. Now back up and running.
    steeeve66
    steeeve66
    the 800
    the 800

Post by steeeve66 Sun 02 Feb 2014, 1:06 pm

greyhoundbloke wrote:Having planned a day trip last week; it was spoiled by my sump being ruptured by road debris. Lucky to stay upright; thanks e-bay for tenner sump. Now back up and running.

Wow, that must have been some hefty debris! Well done you for not coming off...
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Sun 02 Feb 2014, 3:45 pm

Far canal, greyhoundbloke! What the hell did you hit!

I have a Greyhound, too.
    geewhizz
    geewhizz
    the 900
    the 900

Post by geewhizz Sun 02 Feb 2014, 5:40 pm

I finished fitting my bikini fairing. Quite happy about the looks but i doubt its going to be an effective wind deflector.

https://s1009.photobucket.com/user/grahammichie/library/bikini%20fairing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 9:52 am