CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+51
ceejay
TheWizardofOdds
Jameshambleton
Basil Moss
AndyD
balth
Beresford
Anigai
hh_12345
WJE500
jerryfudd
Tricky.
sullivj
skyrider
Mad_Taffy_500
Invisible_Man
ashcroc
stormbringer
muttley1
wornsprokets
badseeds
phorx999
Scorgie88
trophydave
jim157
Ayep
Ayrton F
TheBlackPearl
steeeve66
cc1085
Alvi
Girth
jchesshyre
ANDYC
eternally_troubled
arrison
steady Eddy
GlenAnderson
trevor machine
alvamiga
geewhizz
mcalvert39
peatrich
Flyingbrick
Celt500
Stooby2
rwhitton
Vexx
Llewelyn1965
HomeBrew
Gonzumzum
55 posters

What did you do with your CB500 today?

jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

What did you do with your CB500 today? - Page 3 Empty Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by jerryfudd Tue 05 May 2015, 1:28 pm

that was approach was a close 2nd but couldn't find a sign to use Very Happy
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

What did you do with your CB500 today? - Page 3 Empty Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by badseeds Tue 05 May 2015, 1:34 pm

jerryfudd wrote:that was approach was a close 2nd but couldn't find a sign to use Very Happy

You should've said. The other half of the sign has been sat in the garden for over a year!

What did you do with your CB500 today? - Page 3 DSC01547_zpstubrttut
    Flyingbrick
    Flyingbrick
    Four's a...something...
    Four's a...something...

Post by Flyingbrick Tue 05 May 2015, 3:06 pm

Checked valve clearances on the red one. Everything was just fine after 47,000 km. The cam shafts look like new ones and the valve clearances were all right -not bad for an engine thas was written of by the garage. I don't now what they've checked but I do know that they're not supposed to call themselves mechanics...
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Tue 05 May 2015, 7:21 pm

Had the MOT done a month early (just because I can).

The tester was a nice chap, having courier'd on a CB from new for over 100k.

No advisories, just a lot of compliments about nice my bike is, and what a fantastic machine they are.
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Tue 05 May 2015, 7:27 pm

sullivj wrote:Had the MOT done a month early (just because I can).

No advisories, just a lot of compliments about nice my bike is, and what a fantastic machine they are.

Blah, blah, blah. Yes Jon, we're all aware how pretty your bike is. Stop banging on about it. Far canal!
    Gonzumzum
    Gonzumzum
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Gonzumzum Tue 05 May 2015, 7:29 pm

Im sure he thought it was a 2015 re-edit from Honda...Smile
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Tue 05 May 2015, 7:29 pm

right so you take your bike there again next year I would Smile
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Tue 05 May 2015, 8:00 pm

badseeds wrote:

sullivj wrote:Had the MOT done a month early (just because I can).

Blah, blah, blah. Yes Jon, we're all aware how pretty your bike is. Stop banging on about it. Far canal!

Oh, I nearly forgot... a compliment about my excellent chain maintenance too!
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Tue 05 May 2015, 8:02 pm

Gonzumzum wrote:Im sure he thought it was a 2015 re-edit from Honda...Smile

I think you might be confusing mine with THE MOST EXPENSIVE CB500 ON THE PLANET...,

Cue Jerryfudd...
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Tue 05 May 2015, 8:03 pm

you cant beat a bit of lube
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Tue 05 May 2015, 8:04 pm

sullivj wrote:

Gonzumzum wrote:Im sure he thought it was a 2015 re-edit from Honda...Smile

I think you might be confusing mine with THE MOST EXPENSIVE CB500 ON THE PLANET...,

Cue Jerryfudd...

BOOM!
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Tue 05 May 2015, 8:05 pm

it could be something to do with cable ties Very Happy
    jchesshyre
    jchesshyre
    the 900
    the 900

Post by jchesshyre Tue 05 May 2015, 9:04 pm

As promised yesterday, here's a picture of the underside of one of the dust seals from my forks, showing the terrible state they were in. The bike has 37k miles on, and I bought it at 13k. The oil had surely never been changed before I did it 2k ago. 

What did you do with your CB500 today? - Page 3 IMG_20150505_205116_zpsca93y2ea

Changed it all over today – new seals, new oil (obvs), and, since I had them from my last CB and never fitted them before I retired it, new bushes, rebound springs and damper rod piston rings. And new washers for the damper rod bolts, like a good boy. Just been for a 30-mile ride and it's all good. 

I'm going to change my fork oil every 8k from now on. My previous CB's fork seals lasted from when I bought it at 24k to when I retired it at 145k, but I think that must have been partly luck (plus the gaiters I had fitted which are now on the new bike).
    Celt500
    Celt500
    Mothra the Radioactive
    Mothra the Radioactive

Post by Celt500 Tue 05 May 2015, 9:56 pm

sullivj wrote:
     a compliment about my excellent chain maintenance

Wot's chain maintenance...!?
    scratch
    Flyingbrick
    Flyingbrick
    Four's a...something...
    Four's a...something...

Post by Flyingbrick Wed 06 May 2015, 5:51 am

badseeds wrote:

Don't be so mean, mate. There are so many CBs around in a really bad shape. Always pleased to see a good one.
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Wed 06 May 2015, 7:12 am

Flyingbrick wrote:

badseeds wrote:

Don't be so mean, mate. There are so many CBs around in a really bad shape. Always pleased to see a good one.

You're absolutely right.

Please forgive me, Jon. I ❤ Tango and kinda wish you'd a blog on her with lots of pretty pictures. Maybe even a webcam in your garage?

Again, a thousand apologies.
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Wed 06 May 2015, 1:02 pm

Flyingbrick wrote:
    ... There are so many CBs around in a really bad shape.

What are you saying about my bike, eh? :) I've half a mind to start a 'worst-kept/most abused/unloved CB500' thread to try and find the worst/best one.
    Gonzumzum
    Gonzumzum
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Gonzumzum Wed 06 May 2015, 2:12 pm

eternally_troubled wrote:

Flyingbrick wrote:

What are you saying about my bike, eh? Smile   I've half a mind to start a 'worst-kept/most abused/unloved CB500' thread to try and find the worst/best one.

I would say this new thread is a go...i have wondered about this too.
    As it most awkward, or odd, strange.
    CBs different from Standard...
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Wed 06 May 2015, 2:16 pm

Gonzumzum wrote:

eternally_troubled wrote:

Flyingbrick wrote:

What are you saying about my bike, eh? Smile   I've half a mind to start a 'worst-kept/most abused/unloved CB500' thread to try and find the worst/best one.

I would say this new thread is a go...i have wondered about this too.
    As it most awkward, or odd, strange.
    CBs different from Standard...

Yeah! This is a great idea! I take some decent pics of my dirt, rust and non-factory mods to add.

Let's celebrate the workhorse!

Gonzumzum
    Gonzumzum
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Gonzumzum Wed 06 May 2015, 2:29 pm

Today, the fat kid that always ends to be the golkeeper wins!!!!!!!
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Wed 06 May 2015, 2:31 pm

Gonzumzum wrote:Today, the fat kid that always ends to be the golkeeper wins!!!!!!!

Ha ha! Love it!

Post by Guest Wed 06 May 2015, 2:52 pm

Took mine to the Isle of Wight over the bank holiday weekend, brilliant weekend & of course the CB didn't miss a beat, despite the biblical rain storm on Saturday night!
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Wed 06 May 2015, 3:40 pm

badseeds wrote:

Flyingbrick wrote:

badseeds wrote:

You're absolutely right.

Please forgive me, Jon. I ❤️ Tango and kinda wish you'd a blog on her with lots of pretty pictures. Maybe even a webcam in your garage?

Again, a thousand apologies.
    do we think badseeds is being sarcastic Twisted Evil
    Flyingbrick
    Flyingbrick
    Four's a...something...
    Four's a...something...

Post by Flyingbrick Wed 06 May 2015, 5:44 pm

Yes, we do, and we would really appreciate a webcam. Wink
    Nevertheless, some are proud owners and some are just owners. I must confess that I meet the first category, too. Sorry for any inconvinience Smile
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Wed 06 May 2015, 6:10 pm

Flyingbrick wrote:Yes, we do, and we would really appreciate a webcam. Wink
    Nevertheless, some are proud owners and some are just owners. I must confess that I meet the first category, too. Sorry for any inconvinience Smile

No problem, Michael. My bike was already quite shitty when I first got it at 90k miles.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 8:38 am